Adrenal fatigue is a rare but serious condition that affects approximately 200,000 people in the United States every year. This condition affects people whose adrenal glands aren’t working the way that they should.
These people are so deprived of energy that they have difficulty getting up each day. They may develop adrenal fatigue because of poor diet or stress in their daily lives. You will want to know whether or not you are suffering from this illness so that you can take the necessary steps to overcome it.
Symptoms of Adrenal Fatigue
There are a number of common symptoms of adrenal fatigue. Here are some that you will need to be aware of:
- Difficulty concentrating
These problems can be caused by a number of different medical conditions. They can also be particularly difficult to diagnose, because they can change over time. For example, someone may have hypertension in the early stages of adrenal fatigue, but that can lead to low blood pressure problems later.
You will need to see your doctor to find out if they are the result of adrenal fatigue or something else. There are a variety of medications on the market, but you may be able to overcome your symptoms merely by changing your diet and staying hydrated.
How Do You Overcome Adrenal Fatigue?
Nobody needs to suffer from adrenal fatigue. Here are some things you can do to recover from this illness.
Change Eating Habits
One of the biggest reasons people develop adrenal fatigue is that they aren’t careful about how they eat. Here are some changes that you may need to make:
- Make sure that you don’t skip meals.
- Eat snacks in the late afternoon (around 3 pm) if you are starting to feel tired
- Make sure that you chew your food thoroughly
- Reduce or eliminate processed foods from your diet
- Eat foods that contain both complex carbohydrates and protein
Poor dietary habits are some of the hardest to break. However, changing your diet and eating patterns can be the best way to help you overcome adrenal fatigue syndrome.
Most people who have adrenal fatigue feel dehydrated. You will probably need to drink a lot more water than other people if you are suffering from it. Here are some general tips that you may want to follow:
- Divide your body weight in half. This is the number of ounces of water that you should drink each day. For example, if you weigh 160 pounds then you should be drinking 80 ounces of water (or about 10 cups).
- Make sure that your water is filtered properly. Some of the water ionizers don’t work as well as you would think.
- Don’t drink more than half a cup of water with meals. This can dilute the gastric acids you need to digest your food.
- Don’t wait until you are thirsty to drink water. This is especially important if you live in a dry region, because you probably won’t feel dehydrated until long after you start feeling thirsty.
You need to be careful not to become dehydrated if you have adrenal fatigue syndrome. This is one of the biggest reasons that many people end up feeling tired. Make sure that you drink plenty of water to feel more energetic.
Poor diets tend to be the biggest causes of adrenal fatigue. However, stress is another leading factor.
You can reduce the chances of getting adrenal fatigue by practicing good stress management techniques so you don’t need to get help managing your pain. Here are some things that you may want to do to keep them in check:
- Exercise regularly
- Avoid working unnecessarily long hours
- Try to get plenty of sleep
- See a therapist if you are having any serious issues that you need to address
Adrenal fatigue is particularly common among people who work excessively long hours. You will need to be especially careful about managing your stress if you have to work really long hours.
Kalen suffered from insomnia and low energy for three years. He now shares tips with other people to help overcome such challenges.
Photo Credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dalehugo/2758704724/